Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tourist ATTRACTION; Seat Savers; Pool Dog; Airplane Journey; Make your own PORTAL!

Look closely at this picture… you’ll know when you see it…

tourist_attractionStill don’t see it?  Maybe this will help.  (Hint: It’s not the building.)

 tourist_attractionzoom Still don’t see it?  Start at the woman’s face… trail your eyes down- WHOA!  That gives a whole new meaning to tourist attraction!

Yeeeaaahhh… saw this one on the internet and couldn’t help but share.  It doesn’t look photoshopped.  The guy’s smile in the back just makes this extra creepy… Tsk tsk… can’t go doing that stuff in public.

These photos were courtesy of KuvatON.com, which appears to be a simple website with funny pictures.  Enjoy

_____________________________________________

So I took our family dog, Gertie (short for Gertrude) to the groomer today.  She was looking pretty rough as she’s a non-shedding dog so a haircut is necessary at least every two months, most times sooner, and while that seems trivial, it’s a small price to pay for not having to deal with fur everywhere.  She came back looking acceptable, which is good considering the horrid grooming experiences we’ve had since we’ve gotten to Florida.  And that activity pretty much made up my day.

I’m going to be reviewing NCAA ‘11 soon (Whenever I feel like it).  I’m not good at reviewing games beyond just giving my opinion of it, and considering this is a football game, it’s about the same as every other football game that’s ever been released.

Ingenious Seat Savers___________________________

Now it’s not like I would ever pay money for these… but I cannot deny their coolness…

seat_savers At first glance, this appears to be an ice cream covered spoon left on a seat by some inconsiderate customer.  How rude!

But things are not always what they appear.

Check out these cool little devices HERE, they actually look pretty realistic!

Dog Playing Pool_______________________________

No, not “in” the pool…

He may not be too sure of the rules, but just tell him which balls to knock in and he can handle it.

This pretty much blows away the idea that Pitbulls are hard to train.

Airplane Journey_______________________________

Plane seat

Being someone who has flown on an airplane more times than I can count on both my hands and feet, I was highly amused by Christoph  Niemann’s take on a flight from New York, to Londen, and then to Berlin.

The picture on the right is taken from his picture documentation of his journeyand I can attest that, indeed, the seat only leans back that bare inch.

Check out the entire story HERE.

Portal Mirror!__________________________________

Mirror

ALRIGHT!

I found something awesome on the internet today (as usual) and have decided to introduce a new “event” Miranda Challenge Time!

This is where I will attempt to make something either useful… or not… and will document and post up a blog about it.  Our first project will be this mirror.

Now, all the gamers who read will already know exactly what this is.

For those who don’t:  This is a portal from the videogame Portal.  I’m not going to write an entire post explaining game dynamics, so I’ll just say I think it’s cool, so I’m going to make one for my dorm.

I have an Ikea in the area, and paint is super easy to come by at hobby stores.  You can learn how to make your own HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment