Monday, August 2, 2010

Hitting the Ground; 10 Crazy Goal Celebrations; All About Beards; A Believable Fake Movie; And A Horrific Real Movie;

Hello friends!  First of all, my weekend was alright as far as boring weekends in the summer go.  Saturday was spent shopping (Oh what fun /sarcasm) and Sunday was spent sitting around playing NCAA Football ‘11 and swimming in the pool.  I’ll have a review up for NCAA Football ‘11 sometime later in the week, don’t expect it to be too good though considering I’ve never been into sports games.

Today I hit up Tates Comics which is about half an hour from where I’m currently located in Florida.  It’s a quaint little comic shop with an acceptable anime/manga section, so I can’t really complain, though I would run such a store differently.  Picked up some snacks and an epic Black Lantern Corps ring from one of the little machines sitting outside, it’s quite epic (really).

I’m super excited for the new Green Lantern movie, thought not nearly as excited as I am about Harry Potter, but I do love watching Ryan Reynolds on the big screen (take a wild guess why) and will be seeing that in theaters!  Whoot!

True Blood – Hitting the Ground___________________

Capture (From left to right, Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard), Hadley Hale (Lindsey Haun), and Queen Sophie Ann Leclerq (Evan Rachel Wood))

For those of you who keep up with the series, like me, there was a brand new episode of True Blood last night!  Quite a lot of good one liners in this episode and if you’ve read the books they have mixed a lot of the events around this episode (this season, truly).

I personally love both the books and the show equally.  The books are always better in any series, but I watched the show first, so I must pay my dues to the thing that got me into the series.  Good episode, great series, I look forward to every Sunday night.  Here’s the recap of last nights episode in case you missed it.

10 Craziest Soccer Goal Celebrations________________

If you watch even a little bit of soccer, you know that the fans are absolutely crazy, and, on occasion, the players are crazier.  You can check the rest of the videos and pics out HERE.

Different Beards and Who Adorned Them____________

Beard I’ve always thought a well kept beard made a man look dignified (The chin strap makes you look like a douche, though), so when I found this piece about different beards I felt I just had to share it.  Cute little pic with some educational history to go along with it.  Check it out HERE.

Throwback:  A Believable Fake Movie_______________

I think most of us remember being glued to our school computers when they installed The Oregon Trail on those old machines, naming different members of your family after your school friends.  Ah… those were the days… Billy died of dysentery…

A Horrifying Real Movie__________________________

ZZ7FB34FCC They’re making… A Fairly Odd Parents movie…

*horrific horror move music plays*

Yes, the unbelievably horrible show with unbelievably horrible animation is being made into a movie.

It’s going straight to DVD, duh, and thus will not be seen in theaters anywhere.  Luckily, this came on years after I was out of the cartoon stage and had moved onto anime, but other children will not escape its wrath.  Check it out HERE, if you dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment