Tuesday, August 3, 2010

63 Governator Facts; RL Comic Book Hero; Amazing Stuntman; NOT MY DS!; New Halo Reach Trailer; Ripping and Breaking now LEGAL;

Alright, so today has been a good day so far.  Haven’t really done much.  Woke up at 6:30 and it took me about an hour to fall back asleep, which sucked royally.  But after that I woke up around 10:30, so I got the sleeping done.

Today I’ve found a lot of little tidbits for ya’ll, a couple things that have to do with gaming, an interesting video, and just cool stuff I found.

ALSO, I think I have come up for a catchy new name for this blog of daily interesting links.  “Tidbits for your Wits.”  I really like that.  It sounds… different and catchy and I don’t think it’s been used before.  I’ve already changed the title of the blog to it as well as the blog address.  As of right now I have about five readers who come here through Facebook, so I’m not worried about losing anyone.  It makes more sense than Stones and Glass Houses because this blog has vastly changed direction.

Alright, enough of that, on to the stories.

63 Things About the Governator___________________

Capture

If you’ve spend a great deal of time with me, you know I’m a total Arnold Schwarzenegger fangirl!  Arnold is the man!  So, naturally, when I stumbled upon a list of 63 facts you may not know about our beloved Gummy Bear of Candycornia, I felt I must share the love.  You can check out all 63 facts HERE!

Real Life Comic Book Hero________________________

And no, she does not dress in tights.

1280514204520

I’ve never been a big comic fan, nor one at all really, but I must pay my dues as a geek to the culture and the greatness that has risen from Comic book artists, collectors, and store owners.

I came upon this story of a comic book illustrator named Lily Renee Philips who’s amazing story can inspire even those who know nothing or care nothing for comics.  It’s about overcoming opposition, or even surviving as a woman competing in a “man’s world.”

Her story is truly inspiring and I encourage you to read it in its entirety HERE.

Amazing Stuntman_____________________________

On a far less serious not, I came upon this fantastic stuntman video.  He’s a pretty intense guy.

I don’t think there is one person who doesn’t wish that they could do what this man does.  If only we could be born with such fantastic abilities.  Watch his video HERE!

NOT MY DS!!!!!_________________________________

ds According to reports, a few neighborhood hoodlums broke into a gaming cafe and roughed up some computers and equipment before asking for patron’s money and whatever they had.  Everything was going alright until one of them demanded a patron’s DS and… well… he just wasn’t having that.

You can watch the entire video and read the full story HERE.  For some reason the site’s not allowing me to embed the video.  Oh well.

New Halo Reach Trailer__________________________

Bungie dropped a new Halo Reach trailer off for the fans!  WHOOT!  Everyone just can’t seem to be able to get enough lately!

After playing the Beta I was a bit skeptical about this new Halo game, supposedly the last Halo game, but in the months since I have come around to the idea.  It’s different from the past, but I guess that might make it better.  Either way, come September 14 I will have it in my hands.

Ripping DVD’s and Jailbreaking now Legal___________

images Last, but certainly not least, on July 26, 2010 the United States Copyright Office changed the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.  You can now LEGALLY jailbreak that Iphone and rip DVD’s that you own!  People everywhere jump for joy at this fantastic news!  Read the full story HERE!

___________________________________________________

Alright, so now it’s pouring rain outside and I’m off to play some NCAA ‘11 on the Xbox, be back tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Simply saying that you can now "rip DVD’s that you own" is a little misleading. The new exemptions allow for circumvention of the encryption on a DVD as long as it is to take a short excerpt for certain specific reasons including education and documentaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I realize that you were saying what the article you linked to said, so really I should be nitpicking with them about being misleading, but I enjoy doing this to my friends more so than to strangers :)

    ReplyDelete