Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Star Wars: The Old Republic; Starbucks Boots Grammar Nazi; Good Commercials;

No, I did not post yesterday.  I was doing other things and just didn’t feel like bothering.  SHAME ON ME!  I know…

Yesterday was spent enjoying The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and drooling over the eventual release of Star Wars: The Old Republic, a Star Wars MMO.

 TrooperGetting this game is a definite must for me.  I’m a Star Wars fan, of course, the the very concept of an MMO (that’s actually good) being based on Star Wars is just… AWESOME!!!!!  So amazingly awesomely epic that I jump for joy.

At this time I think I’d like to either be a Trooper on the Republic side, or an Imperial Agent on the Sith side.  Both seem like fitting choices for me, and I just can’t be a jedi because we all know it’s going to be SO overused when it comes out and immediately will become the n00b class.

Agent

Of course, character choices will eventually depend on what my friends decide on being that way I can compliment a team, and because I really don’t have my heart set on any particular character.

Soooo super excited, no release date yet though.  Check out tons of information about the game HERE

_____________________________________________

Alright, done with Geek spazz out excitement.  Today we journeyed out to the great craft store and got PAINT for the Portal Mirror Project!  The guy at the store directed us to paint that will work on glass/mirrors and so we chose adequate colors.  Tomorrow we will be doing the mirrors and thus tomorrow’s post will be all about that project, showing you how we did it down to exact instructions.  *thumbs up*

In other news…

Starbucks Boots Grammar Nazi___________________

Betch 1

I am a bit of a spelling and punctuation stickler, not so much grammar because everyone speaks different depending on where you’re from or your age.  When writing something informational or unprofessional, I tend to write the way I speak, and I speak (in personal or unprofessional conversations) in a mix of slang, some broken English, and a tiny mix of accents from the varied places I have lived.

I would never use my method of writing on this blog for anything other than maybe friendly letters; It would be unheard of for me to write like this on an application or resume. 

On to the point… This lady apparently went into Starbucks and threw a bitchfit when they asked her if she wanted butter or cheese, refused to say neither.  She then caused a large scene, embarrassing herself before being forcibly removed from the coffee shop.

These types of people are on of my pet peeves.  If I had been standing behind her in line, I would’ve had more than a few choice words to say.  Thank God she’s not one of my teachers.

Read the full article HERE.

Don’t Judge Too Quickly_________________________

There are some crappy commercials on television these days, but there are also some good ones.

All the Geico commercials SUCK!  Everytime one comes on I just shake me head and mutter, “They should fire everyone on their marketing team.”

Good commercials are either funny, surprising, or cute.  Nuff said.

THAT is a good group of commercials!  Pay attention Geico.

_____________________________________________

I came across this website/blog of a total dick.  I link it here because though he’s a total dick, his work reminds me of those videos of people pulling those mean pranks that are still incredibly funny.  ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment