Monday, August 9, 2010

Baby Panda on the Loose; Modern Art: Flylashes; Shoot the President Carnival Game; Zach in the Buff;

Every day drags by closer to the end of summer and my endless boredom.  Today was spent doing laundry, finishing the Firefly television series, and watching Surrogates.

I love Firefly, as it’s a great show mostly because of the plot.  Now that I’ve finished the series I think I might like to DM a Firefly game sometime in the near future.  It’d give me an exercise in story writing, one I so dearly need, and stretch my creativity bones a bit.  Moving on…

Surrogates was a pretty good movie.  I’d give it about a 4/5.  The movie was kind of complicated so that, for a few minutes, I was a bit confused about what exactly was going on.  It was a thinking film really.  In the end I couldn’t really be sure who the “bad guy” was.  I like those kinds of movies.

Being a very black and white person when it comes to morality, it’s good exercise to see a movie where I can’t really pick out who is right and who is wrong.  Makes me remember that the grey areas are really there.

Baby Panda Escapes_____________________________

Enough with the serious talk!  This is a fun blog, right?

Now, I saw this video and though, “Aww… what a cute panda,” until he actually slipped through the bars then I noticed that no one seemed to care that a wild animal had just easily escaped his cage.

If I had been there:  “Oh dear God!  It’s coming for us!  We’re all going to die!” because I know when that ended up on Youtube later it would’ve been funny as hell.

That was the cute video for today, you’re welcome.

Modern Art:  Fly Leg Eyelashes?___________________

Capture Why yes, those are eyelashes made of the legs of flies.

The above picture is taken from a video called Flylashes and is called a “video sculpture,” and I was dumb enough to think them two different things.

Yes, this is what counts as modern art.

Yes, you can read about it and watch the video “sculpture” HERE.

Carnival Game featuring “Shoot the President”_______

“We never meant to be political at all, we just meant to be current.”

Yeah, sure… that’s not political at all /sarcasm.

I can’t say enough how royally messed up something like this is.  The interviewees towards the end of the video have it right:  It is disrespectful, and it does promote racism and violence.

Even as a conservative who would not have voted for Obama, I am ashamed for my fellow Americans.  Disgusting…

Zach in the Buff________________________________

This is pretty cool.  From the little information I can find, it seems this guy, Zach Anner, who happens to have Cerebral Palsy and a great sense of humor, has started his tour of Buffalo, NY with his video about Niagara Falls.

I think this is pretty awesome.  I’ve since subscribed to his channel and am looking forward to his next video.  You can either wait until the end of the video to subscribe, or you can subscribe at his channel HERE.

_____________________________________________

P.S. I didn’t really talk about anything I did this weekend because I didn’t do much.  Oh yes, and the show Hoarders scares the Dickens out of me.  DO NOT WANT

No comments:

Post a Comment