Friday, August 6, 2010

Bad Day; Let Me In, I’m a Real Vampire; Why Every Movie Looks the Same; Geeky Cakes for your Geek;

So my day has just been… HELL, starting with last night.

Occasionally I will suffer from a bit of restless leg syndrome.  It’s rare, but when it happens it usually ends up being both my arms and legs.  When it strikes late at night, it means I’m not going to be getting any sleep for a very long time.

The last time I picked up my phone to see the time last night/this morning was at 4:30 a.m.  So I didn’t finally get to sleep until around 5:00 a.m.  It was utter misery, because my insomnia cannot just be insomnia, but must be accompanied by a restless mind with an inability to just SHUT UP.

To sum it up, it was horrid, and I pray tonight I will be able to get some peace though as I sit here my leg is already acting up again.

When I woke up later this morning around eleven and got myself downstairs to make lunch for Xavier, things were looking up.  I wasn’t well rested, but at least I got some shuteye.  We watched the most recent Star Trek installment over lunch and then went and dropped NCAA off at Blockbuster.

When I got back I picked through the mailbox to find the new issue of Entertainment Weekly.  The cover was not amusing.

For those who don’t keep up with the film industry all that much, MGM is in the shitter (for lack of a better phrase in this situation).  Currently their main prjects are/were the new Bond 23 (I love James Bond, so this is dear to me) and a new installment in the Lord of the Rings series, The Hobbit.  I was looking forward to both movies, much like everyone else.  Too bad MGM is, like I said, in the shitter.

No one’s buying MGM and they’ve been trying to sell for a year now.  Filming and writing on all movies is at a standstill and if something doesn’t happen soon, MGM will be divided up and sold to investors for profit.  Lucky us.

As it is, even if MGM somehow gets back on its feet, Daniel Craig has apparently walked away from the role. 

bond We all know Pierce Brosnan is the sexiest James Bond of all time, but Craig did an outstanding job as well.  So now we have no Bond, and no studio to make Bond.  My day gets worse.

As I’m sitting on the couch watching the next Planet Earth DVD I go to text one of my friends.  Unlucky for me, the buttons on the top face of my phone have stopped working.  This would be fine and dandy… except that those are the buttons that do EVERYTHING.  So I no longer have a decent phone.

After digging through boxes of old phones from the early 90’s, I came across a phone that works… barely.  It is quite pathetic.

My dearly departed phone I loved for two years:

IMG_1712 The phone I’m using right now who’s older than I am:

IMG_1713 This has been my day… Bet your day hasn’t been worse.

Let Me In, I’m a Real Vampire Movie________________

Now I’m not a big fan of American knock-offs of foreign films, everything here is a knock-off lately.  But, this one actually looks pretty good.  Seeing this trailer, I think I’d watch it.

I’d also watch it because I’m kind of fond of Chloe Moretz.  I honestly think she might have a future in acting unlike the other sad excuses for actors her age these days like Michael Cera.

Shutup, Michael Cera isn’t being typecasted, he just can’t act his way out of a paper sack!  Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson are type casted, there are kindergarteners as trees in school plays who act better than Michael Cera!

Full article HERE.

Moving on… (Hope my bad mood isn’t reflected too plainly in this post)

Why Every Movie Looks the Same__________________

Cracked.com has a new article and since I didn’t hate enough on American films in the last article, we’re going to do it here.

27920 This article would be hilarious if it wasn’t spot on.  Instead of being incredibly funny, it’s incredibly pathetic.  I agree with everything here except the one that mentions Star Trek.  I love Star Trek, and I thought the cinematography was fine.

Yeah, there was a lot of glare, but I thought they added something.

Read the article HERE.

Geeky Cakes for your Geeky Wedding_______________

Super Mario Cake These are actually some pretty awesome cakes.  Some of them are beautiful, some look like crap… all of them are incredibly geeky.

I would never do this for my own wedding, being more traditional myself, but maybe a party of some sort, sure.

Check ‘em out HERE.

_____________________________________________

Alright, have a great weekend everyone, hope yours is better than mine.  Promise to be in a better mood on Monday.

EDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDIT

ZOMG!  I have found another phone that I think works!  =D  It’s not great, but it’s more expectable than Mister AsBigAsABrick!

IMG_1715 Looks like this is the phone I will be using until my upgrade is finally up in December!  Things could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment