Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Earth; Can You See It? Huge Hail; Kesha does Star Trek; Dear Chicken! I Shall Avenge Thee!

Shark_eats_plane Sooo… today has been uneventful so far as most of my summer days have been.  Woke up with a splitting headache, a recurring theme in my life.  For those who don’t know, I often get splitting headaches and migraines for unknown reasons.  Often they come when I get frustrated or angry, but usually they just visit with no cause at all.  I get headaches because I’m angry, I get angry because I have a headache, it’s a rather vicious circle.

So naturally when I finally pulled myself out of bed after wishing for the throbbing in my head to go away I decided to do something about it and enjoyed a rare cup of morning coffee and a couple Tylenol.  I rarely drink coffee anymore in the morning for fear of bringing back my caffeine addiction that I managed to put an end to about a year ago now.

After that I sat down on the couch and finished Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, not my favorite movie, but tolerable, before going through the pile of rental movies on the table.  Among them was Planet Earth Disc 1. 

Planet Earth Disc 1______________________________

Planet earth This is that series that was done by BBC I believe about varying levels of awesomeness about the planet we live on.  This one had a focus on animals, I’m not sure if the other discs will or not. 

The first disc was amazing.  We have a Blu-Ray player in the living room, so I got to enjoy about an hour of footage in crisp clear picture, but I’m sure it looks just as good on a normal DVD on a smaller TV.

I definitely encourage people to rent the series and watch it.  It’s a morale raiser, it really is, to see the earth’s beauty displayed in such an amazing manner.  Gave me a little envy that people are actually paid to go out and just take pictures and video of wildlife.

Oh, and by the way, the awesome GIF above with the shark is not from Planet Earth; that’s just awesome.

Selective Attention Test__________________________

Watch this video… Do not read ahead… Resist the temptation… I know it’s hard… Follow the instructions in the video… And watch…

 

 

 

 

I did not see the Gorilla.

In fact, I read ahead and still didn’t see the gorilla.  I KNEW the gorilla was going to be there and I still didn’t see him when I was counting the passes.  Shows how attentive I am.  Regardless of my ability to see other things around me when I’m focusing my attention, I am rather good at blocking everything out other than what I’m focusing on, which comes in handy.

Read the article HERE about this little test and watch the video a few more times with counting the passes and without.  It’s pretty interesting.

Record Breaking Hail____________________________

Hailstone People say to never go out in a hail storm, but that warning becomes a whole lot more serious when you see this thing fall out of the sky.

I mean… damn… that thing looks like it would take out a car!

Read the full article HERE.

Star Trek/Tik Tok_______________________________

Geekyness has reached maximum efficiency!

This is one of the times I just post a video because it doesn’t need explained, it just is.  I’m a Star Trek fan (proudly) so I laughed all the way through this.  You may not find it funny, or you may have never even seen this show (*shakes head* so sad) But oh well.  Soak in the awesomenessnessness.

Fable III Opening Sequence_______________________

Yes, today a great gift has been given to us.  The opening sequence to the new Fable game.  This is another game I will be purchasing, the first Fable game I won’t simply borrow from my friends for a ridiculously long period of time.  I’m super psyched for it, more-so than Halo Reach even!  Whoot!

_____________________________________________

Alright, that’s it for today.  Lots of videos.  I’m off to read for a bit and maybe some NCAA later.  See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment