Monday, August 23, 2010

SLACKING!

I am SUCH a SLACKER!

I posted, maybe, two times last week I think?  Ouch, 2/5.  Oh well.

I’m currently working on preparing my departure back to school and seeing as I’m doing 18 hours of pure fun this semester (Note the hard to read sarcasm in the text) I will not have time to post every weekday on this blog.  So, this blog is going to become a three times a week blog, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Friday may become Saturday depending on how life rolls.

I am ecstatic for the summer to be over as I have been very bored here and it has also been very loud.  I, myself, am a person who values at least some time alone in quiet where my head can think.  During the summer during which time I have to listen to my siblings, I have not enjoyed solitude in a long time.  And, because I can’t say it enough, I have been very bored.

Being a person who loves to live by plans and structure by nature, the fact that only one of my six teachers has posted a syllabus is growing very, VERY annoying.  Come on?  You probably use the same syllabus every semester.  Change the name and dates on top and post it to the website, it takes all of five minutes!

Another thing… At my (I’ve noticed I have a tendency to want to say “our” as if I am two people) school we (there it is again) have a textbook reservation program where the bookstore gets all your classes and then puts a box together of the books you need, then you pick it up when you get there.  Most professors willingly participate in this program, but there’s always that one or two who hates to make things easy for their students.  I have one so far who has asked me to order my own book because he’s too lazy to send a list to the bookstore (in kinder words of course).  I’ve been spoiled by good teachers for most of my life, I think.

On another woe is me side note.  I have found that one of my teachers is someone I may have brashly offended.  When I switched my major from Public Relations to News/Editorial Journalism, the University had sent me to a PR advisor who I told my situation to.  He, of course, asked me why I decided to change, and I told him that I’d done some research and (seeing as I’m not sure what I’m going to do with my degree just yet) I figured that you could do PR with a Journalism degree, but you couldn’t really do Journalism with a PR degree and the two shared a lot of the same classes.  Most of my decision was based on the plethora of people I read about wishing they had gone a different route than a PR degree and talking about how useless it was.

He, of course being in the PR department, became offended and said I was wrong to which I almost turned to him and asked why the hell he wasn’t working in Public Relations then.  BUT, being some substance I instead looked him in the eye, smiled, and kept my mouth shut.  Now I have him for a PR class.  Should be fun.

The only other thing I have today is a humorous video from John Green which points out the blatant facts and reasons that Mr. Obama is not a muslim.  Many people need reminding.

See ya'll Wednesday.



EAVB_RRSXNYDHJM

No comments:

Post a Comment