Thursday, August 5, 2010

30 Best Films; 40 Billionaires Keep Half; Galactic Empire Vehicle Marker; Barack’s BBQ;

war

Saw this picture and thought it was pretty badass; very Braveheartesque (not a real word).  That is one kid you do not want to mess with.

The day so far has been pretty boring.  Had ramen for lunch, cleaned up the house, and have since been doing a Red vs Blue marathon.  Red vs Blue is a little series by Rooster Teeth which is hilarious, made entirely with the use of the Halo videogame.  Pretty cool, check it out on Youtube.  I haven’t watched the show in two or three years, so I felt like watching them again.  There’s probably some new episodes I should check out as well.

ANYWAYS…

Film School Rejects’ 30 Best Films of the Decade_______

decade_spiritedaway

This article is quite a few months old, but I just found it and I think it’s still perfectly relevant.  Of the list I’ve only seen fourteen of the titles (so about half) but I’ve heard most of the others are good, at least worth seeing.

The picture above is taken from a movie called Spirited Away, one of the movies on this list.  I truly believe almost all of Miyazaki’s works deserve to be on the list, especially Howl’s Moving Castle (my favorite).  You can check out the entire list HERE.

40 Billionaires Cut their Fortune in Half_____________

alg_giving_pledge I’m impressed.  In a drive organized by Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, forty of America’s billionaires have vowed to give away more than half their fortune to charity.  That is a LOT of money.

The pledge is nothing more than a commitment, so they cannot be held to their promise by anything other than lowering the value of their word.  I’m looking forward to seeing how many of them actually follow through.  Read the entire story HERE.

Stormtrooper Hood Ornament____________________

For all those members of the Galactic Empire driving around in unmarked vehicles, show your loyalty with this classy hood ornament!

storm-hood My Jeep doesn’t use a hood ornament, otherwise I’d already have one on there.

The guy who has this actually made it from a McDonald's toy!  Pretty sweet!

Read all about how to make your own HERE.

Barack Obama’s BBQ____________________________

CollegeHumor released a cute little video two days ago that parodies a lot of the issues Mr. Obama is facing to a neighborhood barbecue.

They’re not fans of embedding, so I can’t post the video here, but you can watch it on Youtube if you follow the LINK.

Regardless of your political leanings you can still find the video funny.

_____________________________________________

Well, I’m off for today.  Today’s post wasn’t very great, lacking in the muse department, but tomorrow is Friday and since it’s the last day before the weekend break I’ll try and give a much better post tomorrow.

Have a great rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment