Monday, September 20, 2010

A Tribute to How Lazy I Can Be

I have always disliked tomatoes.

From the beginning of my existence, tomatoes have been frowned upon in my eyes, whether it be their indecision on being a fruit or vegetable or their skin and fleshy consistency, they have not be a choice food in my book.

So the other day I got this sandwich on campus.  I was in a hurry to eat because I was due at the photo lab to do some work before class.  I saw the tomatoes on the sandwich, but decided I was too lazy to remove them.  Yes, I was too LAZY to take two seconds to remove something I don’t like.  It was a lazy day.  I even opened up the sandwich to peer at the tomatoes as I threw some mayo on it, BECAUSE IT ISN’T A SANDWICH WITHOUT MAYO!

So I bit into the sandwich and to my surprise it was fairly good.  Figuring I had just gotten a bite without tomatoes, I continued to eat until I had devoured the whole thing.  That was a damn good sandwich.

I love tomatoes.

I do not know if my taste buds have changed since the last decade when I ate a tomato and thought it disgusting or what.  I honestly don’t think I’ll be eating another sandwich without tomatoes ever again.  Something about the way it combines with the mayo tastes really good.

Now go out minions, eat some tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment