Friday, February 19, 2010

First, I would like to thank the reader(s) I have. I really appreciate the comments. One of my best friends told me how he was highly amused about the fact that the plot of Julie and Julia was missing from my entire review, which I didn't notice until after I had written the thing. I have high standards for friends, they keep me in check. This friend would be the one from a ridiculously musically talented family who can also solve a 3 sided rubix cube in 17.34 seconds. Yes people, props to him.

Moving on. I wanted to mention that rarely will my posts be movie reviews or things of that nature. It really isn't the purpose of my blog to be a pop culture critic, but rather just to voice my thoughts on things. If that's what I'm thinking about, that's what I'll post, but it'll be rare.
__________


Mr. Woods

In Media and Society we usually watch a few minutes of CNN while we wait for class to start and when the screen came up today it happened to be during Tiger Wood's apology speech.



I tried to get the full video off of CNN's channel on Youtube, but alas, they seem to think embedding just sin't cool enough. The video above is a small snippet from CBS (who believe embedded is supercool).

Now, I'm in no way a fan of Tiger Woods. I think golf is dull. His actions are, of course, inexcusable. Every time an athlete does something stupid everyone stands back and acts like, "Whoa, how did this happen?" or "Why would he do that?" or even better, "I never would've thought they were capable of such a thing." I can only frown when people say things like that and shake my head.

Am I the only one that does not have very high expectations for athletes? They earn a ridiculous amount of money moving a ball around. Every time one of them comes out admitting they did steroids or whatever else, I just nod and think, "Yep, thought so," because I never really bought into their image in the first place. Wake up people.

Watching the apology speech though, I have to applaud Tiger Woods for something. For having some balls. He didn't just come out with the traditional, "I'm sorry" but he also took all the blame for what's happened. He cleared up all the rumors that had been flying about he and his wife and told the media to back off his family. That takes some guts, even if it was totally scripted. I in know way endorse his actions, but I simply don't care. With the amount of people that cheat on their spouses, it's nothing special really.
__________


What kind of fish is that anyway?

As I was stumbling around the internet this fine day I came across a little comic that I thought was kinda funny and went along with the above news.



Isn't that nice? I thought this summed up my generation pretty well. When I flip through the channels on the television and see shows like Jersey Shore and Teen Mom, this is what I think about. I also tend to wish that people would stop watching them so they would go out of business, but we both know that's never going to happen.

With the values my generation has, God knows what the next generation's going to be like. "Mommy, what's that leaf tattooed on your leg?" "Daddy, why is there a naked girl across your chest?"

Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment