Thursday, June 17, 2010

Nike Customer Service

There are people who go throughout their entire lives and never once have called customer service about one of their purchases.  I am… not one of those people.  I am the type of person that, I went out of my way to spend money on this item, I’m gonna damn well call the number on the back of the box if I have a problem (or a simple question.

Now, if you’re still reading, which it’s likely you’re not as you’ve already labeled this is just a blog ranting about poor customer service, I’ll have you know I have had a number of great experiences with my telephone buddies.  Of course, you always run into the Microsoft tech support style over in India where I can’t hear a lick of what their saying, but I think often they’re an exception.

A few days ago I ordered a nice Official Netherlands Fifa Jacket to celebrate my love for the team (and it’s pretty orange).  All was good and well in the world of Miranda until I read through my confirmation e-mail the next day to notice, sadly, I had mixed a few numbers around in my house number so that it resembled my Bowling Green address.  Oh shit… was the first thought through my mind and I quickly checked to see if the Florida address existed.  It did not.

Because the item had not shipped, I decided to call Nike and have them fix the address typo.  Simple enough, right?  You would be very, very wrong.  In one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had, I was cut off repeatedly by a man who had no idea what he was talking about and told to call FedEx.  Now, I knew that was BS because FedEx doesn’t re-label packages on command, that’s just not their policy.  But… being the nice person I am, I got off the phone with him and called them…

To get another person who had no flipping idea what she was talking about.  Now… this person had an excuse as she was an old woman and old people get a free pass.  It’s not discriminatory if it’s true; Most old people have no idea what’s going on.  She was nice though, and told me what I already knew about FedEx policy, especially on packages that haven’t even been shipped yet.  She then told me to call Nike back and bitch them out.

So I did…  and I got yet another guy who had no idea what he was talking about.  So I asked for a supervisor and after half an hour wait was connected.  She came on the phone and drowned me in apologies telling me how she knew what my problem was and how she could fix this with no problem, and how sorry she was.

So I got my jacket today…

IMG_1347 

Yep, bow to the awesomeness.

On a minor note, I cut my middle finger today and am now realized how much I used it typing.  You should feel loved… I slaved over this blog post… there’s blood all over my keyboard… (Nah, there isn’t, don’t worry, lol)

Night all…

No comments:

Post a Comment